I always enjoy a hot bowl of porridge, not only when I’m sick, also during rainy days or some other days when I feel like having it.
I started cooking organic baby rice when my dad’s stomach wasn’t feeling really well due to poor digestion. So, I took a packet home and cooked soft food (organic porridge) for him, hoping it would improve his stomach condition.
The feedback was good as he did not complain about stomach upset (reflux, etc. symptoms) after meal, which I was glad to hear that. I, personally love eating it as the texture and the taste of the organic porridge is quite different, better than the ordinary white rice, – softer, richer, nutritional (because it contains buckwheat & corn meal), easy to digest & filling.
So yes, Organic Baby Rice is not only for toddlers, it is also suitable for elderly.
However, the taste would be bland if we eat this everyday, and so, I added a tablespoon each of Vegetarian Marinated Meat (made from mushroom, as I am a vegetarian) and Hong Kong Fresh Olives Vegetables. By adding both on my organic porridge, I received quite a number of positive responses, which I am gladly willing to share with all of you!
Scroll down to view my FULL RECIPE.
Preparation Time: 5-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1-2 hours
- • Half cup / 100g Organic Baby Rice
- • Half cup Corn Kernels (Remove From Fresh Sweet Corn)
- • Half Sponge Gourd 丝瓜 (Cut into cubes)
- • 1 tablespoon Vegetarian Marinated Meat
- • 1 tablespoon Hong Kong Fresh Olives Vegetables
- Put the baby rice to the saucepan and pour water (double or triple the portion of the rice). Put in corn kernels & sponge gourd, bring to boil. Stirring from time to time and watching carefully that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After 5-10 minutes of continuous boiling & stirring, transfer to a slow cooker, let it cook for 2 hours.
- Once done, serve with Vegetarian Marinated Meat & Hong Kong Fresh Olives Vegetables.